Our staff is paid on the 28th of each month. This salary payment will include pledges (Direct Deposits, Debit Orders, Credit Cards) collected from the 21st of one month to the 20th of the month.For example, pledges collected from the 21st of August to the 20th of September will be paid out on the 28th of September. Then, pledges collected from the 21st of September to the 20th of October will be paid out on the 28th of October. The 20th of the month is then what we refer to as our Payroll Cut-off, after this date no changes will be accepted as Payroll Processing begins on the 21st of each month. This gives us the time we need to process and submit salary amounts to the bank for payment.
As mentioned in the Governance memorandum:
- Each staff member is responsible for checking whether your Local church or partner has paid in their contribution by the 20th. This includes checking your Holding Account for any unknown partnerships.
- The MP Office will only pay in what is reflecting in your fund balance on the 20th.
- We will also not pay more than what has been signed off on your Salary Goal form. If your Income Fund is in excess of your goal, a transfer will be made to your Holding Account to match your Salary Goal
- You may top up your Income Fund from funds available in your Holding Account to meet your Salary Goal for that month.
- If you want to be paid in excess of your goal, we will need written authourisation (email will suffice) from your Ministry Leader giving us permission to do so.
- No Salary Advances will be processed if a partner has missed the Payroll Cut-off. For this reason, it is essential that you are regularly checking your Gift Lifting Report to ensure that everything is as it should be.
- If the 28th of the month falls on a Saturday then you will be paid on the Saturday.
- If the 28th of the month falls ion a Sunday, then you will be paid on the Saturday.
- If the 28th falls on a Public Holiday then you will be paid on the closest working day before the Public Holiday.
- Salaries will never be scheduled to be paid after the 28th of each month for Salary payments within South Africa.
- For International Payments, we will do our utmost best to ensure that salaries are paid out to staff on time. Delays may occur between the banks for reasons we do not have control over.
A staff member can start being paid their first salary when three things happen:
- Firstly, the staff member needs to submit their Tax number which they will get from SARS and their bank account details (this info should be filled in on the Employee Info Form).
- Secondly, the staff member must notify the MP office when they want to start being paid.
- Lastly, there is R2000 worth of Pledges in their income fund.
IRP5s are generated by SARS annually. Once they are available, we send them to all staff members along with their payslip.
Please note the following:
- Please ensure your monthly payslip is correct so that everything in your IRP5 form reflects as it should.
- To open your IRP5 you need to download it onto your PC/Laptop. You cannot open this in your Internet Browser.
- Your Adobe PDF Reader must be updated.
- It may take a while for the document to populate. Please give it time (at least 5 minutes).
If anything changes in your life and it may affect your payroll information it is advisable to notify the Ministry Partnership office so that your Payroll information is as accurate as possible. The Information we have of you also feeds into the information that we submit to SARS. These changes may include but are not limited to:
- Medical Aid
- Change of employer or employment contract
- Updates to Salary Goals
- Changes to Church COntributions
- Marital Status
- Moving Overseas
- Resignation from Ministry or Ministry Partnership (30 days notice)