Submitting Giving Forms
- Giving Forms can be submitted by sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Our Turn Around Time policy for processing giving forms is 24 hours, excluding weekends and Public Holidays. For your own admin I would suggest checking your the Pledge Report to check if it has been loaded.
- Once this is done, you will receive a notification that it has been loaded and you will be able to view the pledge on your Pledge Report
- Please remember that our Payroll period runs from the 21st to the 20th of the next month. Which means that the pledges which must run on the 28th will only be received in the next month's salary. For example, if the pledge runs on the 28th of August, then the pledge will be received in the September Salary.
- If you submit the giving form too late, you have two options for catching up: (1)Asking the partner to do a Direct deposit into the MP account for the missed run. (2)We can process a once- off pledge for the 1st or the 15th so that it can be included in your salary. We will need written authourisation from your partner allowing us to do so. An email will suffice. Please be sensitive in the way you approach your partner for this.
- It is advisable that you submit your signed giving forms as soon as possible so that if there are any problems while capturing, it can be sorted before batches are sent to the bank and missing a run is avoided.
- Our office runs debit order and credit card partnerships on the 1st, 15th and 28th of each month. We are required by our service provider to submit our Debit Batches three working days before the actual run date. In other words if a partner wants to be debited on the 15th then we have to send that to our service provider on or before the 12th.
- If the 12th falls on a weekend then we send it through the Friday before.
- For this reason staff members should submit forms at least five working days for run date to give us time to follow up on errors on the giving form.
- If the 15th falls on a weekend or Public Holiday then it will be debited off the partner's account the next working day. This is stipulated in the Debit Order Mandate signed by the partner.
- We will not send our batches to the bank sooner than the required time to allow staff time to send in their Giving Forms. We send through our batches at 12 o'clock on the days we submit to our Service Provider.
- Our system is synchronized with our Service Provider's reports three dates after the pledge is debited from the partner's account. We have found that three days is enough time for the Service Provider to give at least 90% feedback on the success or failure of the transactions.
- So if the partnership ran on the 15th then you should be able to see the updated transaction on the 18th.
- A partner is able to go back 90 days and reverse debit orders with their bank. For this reason we synchronize our transaction daily to get the most updated information to you.
- If a reversal happens after payroll has been processed then it will be applied to the next salary period.
- This synchronizing process allows you to see the transactions on the Gift Listing Report. This is where you will be able to see all your transactions including those that have been reversed.
A pledge can be deactiveated by simply emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This can either come from the partner or the staff member. An automated email notification is sent to the staff member on deactivation. Outside of these requests, pledges are deactivated for the following reasons:
- When the account details are rejected by the service provider. We will follow up with the staff
- When a pledge has failed due to insufficient funds three consecutive times
- When a pledge fails for reasons listed here. All these failure codes, excluding code 2, are immediately deactivated because the bank will block any further debit requests from us until the partner releases the blocking with their bank.
Because costs is incurred every time a pledge fails, it is best for cost reduction to deactivate the pledge until feedback is received from the partner. Please note that it is the staff member's responsibility to follow up with the partner regarding deactivated pledges.
- If the bank account details change, then we need to get a new giving form. The bank requires that we get a a new form giving us authourity to debit per bank account we debit from
- If only the amount or debit date changes, then an email from the partner will suffice.
Annual Increases on Pledges
- Annual Increase percentages on pledges are applied automatically effective 1st of February every year for pledges that are older than six months.
- The system only applies percentage values to increases.
- Any changes to the increase must be communicated by the partner. an email will suffice.